Check Discounted Price
The BodyCraft GXP home gym is similar to the BodyCraft Xpress Pro that we’ve already reviewed here. It has the same weight stack and number of workout stations. However, it’s slightly smaller and has a different base structure. Nonetheless, it’s a heavy-duty strength training system and offers light-commercial quality.
Technical Details & Specifications
- Assembled dimensions: 65.25L x 56W x 81.75H inches (166L x 142W x 208H cm)
- Shipping weight: 580 lbs (263 kg)
- Weight stack: Steel plates, 200 lbs (90.7 kg)
- Max. weight resistance: 400 lbs (181.4 kg)
- Possible exercises: 50+
- Accessories: Bottle holder with bottle, lat bar, short straight bar, extension chain, standard D-handles, and ab harness
Residential: Frame lifetime / Parts lifetime
Light commercial: Frame 10 years / Parts 2 years
Frame construction, parts & accessories
The BodyCraft GXP features a heavy-duty steel frame made of 3.25″ x 1.75″ steel tubing. Most of the steel parts in its construction are coated with a rust-resistant and chip-resistant paint finish. The standard color is platinum gray, with the exception of the guide rods of the weight stack and the lat bar which are chrome-plated.
Needless to say, the fully assembled machine along with its weight stack is extremely heavy. Considering that the specified shipping weight is 580 lbs (263 kg), its net weight should definitely be greater than 520-530 lbs. All this weight provides exceptional stability. Therefore, you don’t have to anchor the unit to the ground. Its base bars do not have anchor points.
As we’ve mentioned above, the fully assembled machine is a bit smaller than the Xpress Pro model. It is 65.25″ (166 cm) long and 56″ (142 cm) wide. Of course, if you also opt for the leg press (which is not included), the machine’s width will be 82.75″ (210 cm), as the press attaches on the side. The unit’s height is approx. 81.75″ (208 cm). This being said, it should fit with no problem in a room with a 7′ ceiling.
The BodyCraft GXP integrates 30 pulleys, 27 of them are 114m in diameter, while the other 3 are 90mm in diameter. They’re all made of fiberglass-reinforced nylon and integrate sealed bearings to provide a smooth motion. The cables are steel ropes rated for a weight capacity of 2,000 lbs (907 kg); they are all nylon coated and lubricated.
The machine is equipped with a fully adjustable seat and backrest. The seat has a lever-based adjustment system with an integrated spring. Therefore, you can easily adjust its height while seated. The backrest has a 7-position adjuster. It can be locked forward or backward via a pop-pin, in order to get the best position for the type of exercise you want to perform.
Both the seat and the backrest feature dual-density foam padding. They integrate two layers of foam; the top one is soft, the bottom one is dense. Their upholstery is made of highly durable vinyl material, double-stitched and sweatproof.
There are three sets of foam rollers integrated into this machine. The ones under the backrest serve as knee-stoppers during lat pulldown exercises. Of course, the other two sets of rollers are key elements in the structure of the leg developer.
The front part of the machine feature as footstep plate with a non-slip surface. Evidently, this serves as a support for stand-up rows or other low pulley or stand-up exercises.
The machine includes several accessories. To begin with, a standard lat pulldown bar, with curved grips is included. There is also a short bar with an extension chain, an ankle cuff, two D-handles for attaching to the side adjustable arms, an ab harness, and a bottle holder with bottle.
The BodyCraft GXP integrates 6 workout stations and attachments. These are:
High-pulley station. This workout station allows the execution of various lat pulldown exercises and other high-pulley exercises. As we’ve mentioned above, a curved lat bar with rubberized grips is included with the machine.
Press station. The arm press offers multiple grips. It has an adjuster with 8 positions. It also has a double-up feature which offers the possibility to use a 400 lbs (181 kg) of weight resistance for it. However, the press station does not allow the execution of fly exercises.
Mid-pulley station. Not all strength training systems have a mid-pulley so this element is quite a plus. It allows you to perform ab crunches and other mid-section exercises, such as baseball swings or trunk rotations. An ab harness accessory is included with the machine.
Adjustable arm station. This BodyCraft home gym is equipped with a set of adjustable lateral arms. They have 11 adjustment positions while their pulleys can rotate 180°. Their adjustment is done with ease, each arm featuring a small press-and-release handle which allows you to quickly unlock and re-lock it in the desired position. They offer the possibility to perform a wide array of arms and chest exercises, such as shoulder presses, cable flies, cable crossovers etc.
Low-pulley station. For this workout station, a short bar, an extension chain, and an ankle cuff are included. It offers the possibility to perform cable curls, stand up rows, seated rows and many more.
Leg developer. This attachment requires to be connected to the low pulley. Evidently, it allows you to execute leg extensions or stand-up one-leg curls.
First of all, the BodyCraft GXP features a 200 lbs (90.7 kg) weight stack. It’s composed of 20 weight plates, each one of them weighing 10 lbs (4.5 kg). The weight plates are heavy-duty, made of cast iron. Therefore, they can take a lot of abuse and even if the machine is used in a light-commercial environment, they can last a lifetime.
All workout stations have a weight ratio of 1:1. This means that if you select a weight of 100 lbs on the stack, for example, you will benefit from a weight resistance of 100 lbs on that station. There are a few exceptions, though. The adjustable arm station offers a maximum of 100 lbs (45 kg) per arm. The arm press basically offers a 1:1 weight ratio as well, but you can attach it to the side arms for a double up, and this way benefit from a 1:2 weight resistance, for a maximum of 400 lbs (181 kg).
Also, in case you opt for the leg press attachment (not included), the leg press is set at a 1:2 ratio by default. Therefore, you will always benefit from a maximum of 400 lbs of weight resistance.
- Triceps Pushdown
- French Press
- Standing French Press
- Triceps Press
- Triceps Extension
- Cross Triceps Extension
- Rope Pushdowns
- Standing Hammer Grip Curls
- Standing Biceps Curl
- Seated Biceps Curl
- Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdown
- Tricep Kickback
- Reverse Curl
- Biceps Curl
- Seated Wrist Extension
- Standing Wrist Curls
- Standing Wrist Extension
- Standing Trunk Rotation
- Trunk Rotation
- Standing Oblique Crunch
- Kneeling “Wood Chop”
- Kneeling Low to High Trunk Rotation
- Reverse Crunch
- Seated Abdominal Crunch
- Seated Oblique Abdominal Crunch
- Standing Wide Angle Lat Row
- Narrow Pulldowns with Hand Grips
- Seated Lat Rows
- Stiff Arm Pulldown
- Standing Lat Row High Pulley
- Standing Lat Row Low Pulley
- Standing Lat Row Alternating Motion-Low Pulley
- Standing Single Arm Lat Row Low Pulley
- Standing Single Arm/ Single Leg Lat Row Low Pulley
- Seated Low Back Extension
- Standing Low Back Extension
- Shoulder Pullover
- Reverse Grip Lat Pulldown
- Wide Pulldowns
- Seated Press
- Cable Fly
- Resisted Punch
- Cable Crossover
- Standing Chest Press
- Standing Chest Fly
- Standing Single Arm Chest Fly
- Leg Extension
- Prone Leg Curls
- Standing Hip Flexion w/ Knee Flexion
- Standing Leg Kickback
- Standing Hip Extension
- Ankle Eversion
- Ankle Inversion
- Hip Abduction
- Hip Adduction
- Standing Hip Flexion
- Standing Hip Internal Rotation
- Standing Hip External Rotation
- Leg Press (optional)
- Rear Deltoid Rows
- Standing Lateral Shoulder Raise
- Seated Shoulder Press
- Standing Shoulder Press w/ Alternating Motion
- Standing Shoulder Press
- Front Shoulder Raise
- Standing Front Shoulder Raise
- Shoulder Extension
- Shoulder Shrug
- Scapular Protraction
- Scapular Retraction
- Scapular Depression
- Reverse Fly Cable Cross
- Seated Lateral Shoulder Raise
- Standing Rear Deltoid Row
- Standing Cable-cross Rear Deltoid Row
- Standing Shoulder Extension
Assembly & Maintenance
Like most other pulley-based strength training system, the BodyCraft GXP home gym is not exactly easy to put together. First of all, it comes completely disassembled and in several boxes, some of them being quite heavy, so two or more people are recommended for their transport, unboxing and assembly. The assembly process will definitely take at least a few hours. But on the other hand, the included manual provides very clear step-by-step assembly instruction and schematics.
Once the unit is assembled, maintenance doesn’t require much. The guide rods of the weight stack may require lubrication from time to time. This goes for the pulleys as well. Also, it’s recommended to periodically inspect the machine and look for loose bolts or broken parts in order to re-tighten them or replace them before accidents can happen.
- Heavy-duty frame construction;
- Professional-looking design;
- Adjustable seat and backrest;
- Durable upholstery and thick, dual padding for optimal comfort;
- 6 workout stations, including press station, adjustable arm station, lat pulldown station, mid pulley station, low pulley station, and leg developer attachment;
- Multiple grip possibilities for the chest press;
- 4″ thick rollers for the leg developer element;
- 11 adjustment positions for the lateral pulley arms;
- 8 positions for the press arm;
- 180° rotating pulleys on the lateral pulley arms;
- Heavy-duty fiberglass reinforced nylon pulleys and steel cables with nylon covers;
- Accessories included: two pulling handles, lat bar, short row bar, extension chain, ab harness, ankle strap, and bottle holder with bottle;
- Steel, highly-durable weight plates;
- Total weight of the stack is 200 lbs;
- Maximum weight resistance for the chest press 400 lbs;
- Over 50 exercises available;
- Little maintenance required;
- Excellent warranty.
- Not too easy to put together;
- Tools for assembly are not included.
The BodyCraft GXP is a heavy-duty home gym featuring 6 workout stations, including an adjustable arm press and adjustable side arms. Both its seat and backrest are adjustable and offer superior comfort. The unit is equipped with a 200 lbs weight stack made of cast iron weight plates designed to last a lifetime. It offers a 1:1 weight ratio for most of its workout station, while the arm press has a double-up feature which offers a 1:2 weight ratio with a weight resistance up to 400 lbs. In all, it’s an outstanding strength training system, great for users of all levels, offering an excellent value for the price.