Pair 80 lb Black Rubber Coated Hex Dumbbells
|Pair 80 lb Hex Dumbbells|
Check Discounted Price
|80 lbs||80 lbs||1 year|
Hex dumbbells are some of the most reliable dumbbells that you can find. They’re a great addition to any home gym. They basically cannot fail you in any way, and as opposed to various types of adjustable dumbbells, they can take a lot of abuse.
The set that we’re going to present here includes two 80 lbs dumbbells, a total of 160 lbs. Even though most of the aspects regarding them are pretty obvious, there still might be several aspects about them that you would like to know. Thus, in this post we’ll try to offer as much information as possible about these dumbbells.
Technical Details and Specifications
- Dimensions: 15.9L X 8W X 8H (40.3 x 20.3 x 20.3 cm)
- Weight: 80 lbs (36.2 kg) each
- Warranty: 1 year
Like all hex dumbbells, these feature cast iron heads, which are precision threaded and attached to the handles. Although the hex weight heads are not welded to the handles, they’re almost impossible to unscrew.
The hex weight heads feature rubber coating, and this comes with various advantages. First of all, the cast iron heads won’t catch rust. Second of all, in case your going to do push-ups, regardless of the surface you’re going to place them to, they won’t drift, offering an extremely stable position. On the other hand, this rubber coating has its downsides too. It may have a strong latex odor which can persist for several days. Also, they may leave black, rubber marks on the surfaces they come in contact with, such as your floors or clothing.
The handles are knurled, in order to supply a secure grip. The knurling isn’t however sharp and abrasive. And considering that these are free weights made for intermediate and advanced users, they shouldn’t induce any damage to the hands. They also feature a chrome finish which keeps rust away.
Since they’re heavy dumbbells, it goes without saying that they’re a bit bulky. Their total length is 15.9″ (40.3 cm), and width is 8″ (20.3 cm). However, considering that each dumbbell weighs 80 lbs (36.2 kg), while a Bowflex 552 adjustable dumbbell features basically the same dimensions, but with a maximum weight of only 52.5 lbs (23.5 kg), it’s pretty safe to say that these are far from being extremely large. Also, considering that each weight head is one, solid cast iron block, you won’t experience any rattling, wobbling or any sounds when exercising, aspects that can occur when using adjustable dumbbells with multiple weight plates.
Last but not least, the length of the grip in between the weight heads is approx. 5.3″ (13.4 cm). This being said, even users with extremely large hands shouldn’t have any problem holding them, the grips offering sufficient space for a comfortable grasp.
- Extremely sturdy construction, with solid connection points between weight heads and handles;
- They don’t make any sounds when in use, and you won’t experience any rattling of the weight heads, such as for various adjustable dumbbells;
- Hexagonal weight heads, preventing dumbbells to roll over, also supplying a firm positioning during various exercises, such as push-ups;
- Waterproof rubber coating on weight heads prevents them from rusting, also offering superior stability during push-up exercises;
- Ergonomic, partially knurled handle, for a secure, comfortable grip;
- Corrosion-resistant chrome finish on handles;
- Excellent warranty.
- The rubber coating may leave black marks on your equipment or flooring;
- The rubber coating may release a strong odor for a couple of days.
- Limited (fixed) weight range.
If you’re looking for a set of reliable 80 lb rubber coated dumbbells, hex ones are never a bad idea. They require no adjustment but on the other hand they only offer a fixed weight, rather than a specific weight range. The set we’ve presented here is great for intermediate and advanced users. They feature a sturdy construction, full iron / steel, with rubber coating on the weight heads. Even though they’re not the most affordable dumbbells set, they’re made to last a lifetime.