3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill
|3G Cardio Pro|
Check Discounted Price
|350 lbs||3.0 CHP,|
2 Fit Test,
1 Fat Burn,
1 Body Index,
Parts: 5 years
Labor: 1 year
3G Cardio offers quite a few well-built treadmills for gym and home use. The Elite model that we’ve reviewed a while ago is the gym model, while the 3G Cardio Pro Runner model that we’re going to focus on here, is one of the models intended for home use. However, even though it’s designed for home use, the 3G Cardio Pro treadmill still features gym-quality construction, offering a medium range of features.
Technical Details and Specifications
- Assembled dimensions: 74L x 35W x 58.5H inches (188L x 89W x 149H cm)
- Assembled weight: 216 lbs (98 kg)
- Tread belt dimensions: 58L x 20.5W inches (147L x 52W cm)
- Maximum user weight: 350 lbs (158.7 kg)
- Motor: 3.0 CHP
- Incline: Automatic, 0%-15%
- Deck cushioning: Yes
- Speed levels: 0.5-12 MPH.
- Training programs: 8 courses, 2 custom, 2 fit test, 1 fat burn, 1 aerobic, 1 body index, 1 manual
- Pulse sensors: Yes
- Amenities: Accessory holders, cooling fan
- Warranty: Frame lifetime / Motor lifetime / Parts 5 years / Labor 1 years
Frame and deck
The 3G Cardio Pro treadmill features a folding deck. But as opposed to the 80i model, it does not fold flat. The folding system is similar to the one on the Nautilus T616. The deck folds and locks up with a small mechanism situated near the right base bar. On the left, the deck features a hydraulic cylinder, meant to soften the drop as you unfold it.
With the deck folded up, you will save approx. 34″ (86 cm) lengthwise, its footprint remaining at 40″L x 35″W (101.6 x 89 cm). Conversely, with the deck unfolded, the machine takes approx. 74″L x 35″W (188 x 89 cm) of floor space. Differently put, it’s not the biggest treadmill, but it’s not exactly small either.
Needless to say, the frame is made of steel. The front part of the frame features 4 wheels, two integrated in the front base, and the other two at its rear. These are meant to ease transport for the treadmill with its deck folded up. The rear of the deck also features a set of two wheels, but those are actually intended for support rather than for moving the machine.
The deck is also extremely sturdy, being rated with a 350 lbs (159.7 kg) weight capacity. It integrates 2″ rollers for a smooth and stable operation. It uses a 2-ply belt, similar to the one equipped on the Elite model. However, this belt is smaller, the machine only offering a running surface of 58″L x 20.5″W (147 x 52 cm). In other words, this treadmill can support running, being able to accommodate users up to 6’5″ (196 cm) comfortably.
The deck also integrated one rubber cushioning cell, which alleviates the running impact. This is an important aspect for anyone who has joint problems, or must undergo rehabilitation training, as running on this treadmill is considerably more forgiving than running on asphalt or concrete.
Motor and incline
The 3G Cardio Pro Runner treadmill is equipped with a 3.0 CHP heavy-duty motor. This motor is powerful enough to support prolonged workouts at the highest speed settings, without overheating even if the user is close to the maximum specified weight capacity. It can supply speeds up to 12 MPH, and starts at 0.5 MPH. The speed can be adjusted in increments of 0.1 though. This actually great, as the transition from a level to another is done smoothly, and you can select the pace that’s most comfortable to you.
This motor is far from being a noisy one. And along with the cushioned deck which absorbs quite an important amount of the cadence sound, this treadmill does supply a fairly quiet run.
This treadmill also offers a motorized incline system. The incline ranges between 0% and 15%. This means it can offer a maximum slope of approx. 11°. Incline can be adjusted in increments of 1%. Even though the incline supplied by this treadmill isn’t exactly close to the power incline offered by commercial treadmills, it still diversifies the number of possible workouts by a lot. Also, keep in mind that running at 10 MPH, and using the maximum incline setting of 15% on this machine, will offer quite a challenge. A non-professional runner shouldn’t last more than a couple of minutes with these settings.
Evidently, since this treadmill features a series of onboard programs, by using one of them, speed and incline will adjust automatically.
This fitness machine requires to be connected to a standard 3 prong outlet, on a 110v power circuit, of at least 15 amps, and preferably 20 amps. It comes with a power cord with a normal plug, not an adapter. The power cord connects to the motor case near the front base.
Since it’s a medium range treadmill, this 3G Cardio model features quite an inclusive console. First of all, it has a 3-panel LED-based display system. One of the displays keeps track of incline, calories, calories/h time, speed, distance, pace, and mets. The second one is wider and displays the grid of the current workout program, while the third and the smallest one displays heart rate.
The top part of the console features 8 keys, which cover various programs. These are: Manual, Course, Goal, Fit Test, Fat Burn, Aerobic, Custom and Body Index. To be more specific, here are the functions and programs that these keys cover:
1. Manual – is the manual program, which you should use if you want to change speed and incline freely;
2. Course – under this key there are actually 8 running courses available. These are: Ramp-Speed, Ramp-Incline, Interval-Speed, Interval-Incline, Hill-Speed, Hill-Incline, Peak-Incline and Peak-Speed. Evidently, when using one of these pre-defined courses, the machine will automatically adjust speed and incline.
3. Goal – this key gives you the possibility to select a workout target for time, distance and calories.
4. Fit Test – there are two fitness tests under this key, the Cooper Test and Gerkin Test. The manual offers consistent details on how to determine your current fitness test based on the data provided by these programs.
5. Fat Burn – as the name suggests, it’s a program dedicated to help you keep the optimal heart rate, in order to obtain the best weight loss results.
6. Aerobic – program designed for cardiovascular improvement;
7. Custom – gives you the possibility to create your own workout and save it in order to re-use.
8. Body Index – a program that uses information to provide your BMI (Body Mass Index), BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate), and BFR (Body Fat Ratio).
Speed and incline can be adjusted gradually from the = / – and Up/Down keys. However, the console also features keys for direct speed and incline adjustment. For example, you can quickly select 2,4,6,8,10 for incline, or 2,3,4,6,8 for speed.
In terms of amenities, the console integrates a cooling fan, situated at the top of the console. The mid part features 3 compartments which serve as accessory holders. The plastic part with the molded accessory holders also doubles as a tablet holder or reading rack.
Last but not least, the console is telemetry enabled, which means it can read your pulse via a wireless HR strap. This accessory is not supplied with the treadmill though. Therefore, in case you don’t have one, you will have to use the stainless steel sensors integrated in the machine’s front handlebars, for the reading of your pulse.
Assembly and Maintenance
This 3G Cardio treadmill comes partially assembled. In other words, the deck with its motors, rollers and belt is already put together and attached to the steel frame. Therefore, assembly requires you to mount the vertical posts, connect handles to the console, the wires and finally add the covers of the posts’ joints.
Just as for most treadmills, the belt requires lubrication from time to time. A tube of silicone lubricant is supplied. Also, the belt should be periodically wiped off with a damp cloth, to remove any dirt or small objects that might get caught in the rollers or motor.
- Solid frame and deck;
- Folding design;
- High user capacity for a folding treadmill – 350 lbs;
- Deck incorporates suspensions and shock absorbing elements;
- Motorized incline, with up to 15% ramp;
- 3.0 CHP, heavy-duty motor, fit for running, not just jogging or walking;
- Offer speeds up to 12 MPH;
- 16 workout applications;
- Easy to use, comprehensive controls on the console;
- Pulse sensors on lateral grips;
- Quiet and smooth operation;
- Easy to assemble;
- Little maintenance required;
- Excellent warranty plan.
- No sound system;
- A tablet or magazine placed on the rack will cover some of the controls and displays;
- HR chest strap not included.
The 3G Cardio Pro is a medium range treadmill, designed for home use, but with a deck and frame construction similar to the ones designed for commercial use. In other words, it’s an extremely sturdy treadmill. It has motorized incline and a 3.0 CHP motor for the running belt, which can supply speeds up to 12 MPH. It offers an impressive range of workout applications, supplying the adequate training setting for users of all levels. It’s not exactly the most affordable model out there, but so far it benefits mostly from 5 star reviews, quality definitely matching its price.